How Does The NYBC Work?
We work like any other council or advisory; we come together for a common cause on behalf of our peers.
As a National Council, we aim to boost awareness of the potential cycling can have on youth.
Some of the things NYBC members do while serving on the council:
- Host/participate local rides in their communities
- Contribute to the planning of the annual Youth Bike Summit
- Volunteer at local bike shops & events
- Participate/volunteer in bike conventions and shows
How NYBC Membership Works
We split our efforts into two categories:
- Members: Actively committed individuals who directly work toward the council’s goals & initiatives.
- Resources: Resources are individuals who are willing to contribute information to the council in their own time to better forward its initiatives. Resources help and support when they can.
- Have a chance to access member only sponsorships and awards
- Receive training and resources to become a team player
- Get early access to the NYBC's info or prizes
- Benefit from helping others all around the country